Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Whassup?

It's been forever so I'm going to try and get back in the habit of blogging. Things are getting nice here in the Northeast. The weather is still going back and forth between spring hopefullness and winter drearyness but we're hanging in there. I "think" (knock frantically on wood) the snow is gone for good. You never know though. It is not uncommon here to have accumulation in April and occasionally even May. I have been loving my very non enviornmentally friendly Blazer this year. The peace of mind and freedom it brings me is well worth the guilt and the cost of gas.

Lizzy is having fun taking classes at Think Tank, babysitting and hanging out with her friends. Her sweet 16 was this month and I managed to pull off the perfect day. We went to the beauty parlor for hair cuts, went out for omelettes, meandered around Newbury Comics, picked up her BFF Tyler, went to the registry and she got her permit, she drove for about 10 minutes into Auburn before I started hyperventialating and made her pull over, went to dinner with my sister and nieces for sushi, went to the mall for a strobe light and then she drove home. Oh yea and we picked up an ice cream cake and 4 or 5 people ended up sleeping over. That was not really part of the approved plan but whatever. I even got an "I love you too" at the end of the day. Those are few and far between from my girl so all the more precious. Most of the time I get an "uh huh" either in acknowledgment or with a sarcistic twist depending on her mood. I don't take it personally any more. It's just the way she is. I will tell her I love her because I do and I want her to know it. I don't need her to tell me she loves me or even to love me at all.

I have surprised myself at how well I am doing helping her learn to drive. The first time she went a lot farther that I was expecting and I wasn't prepared. Now I am doing pretty well though giving her instruction and advice and keeping the freaking out to a minimum. She's doing pretty well too. She's able to take my advice and adapt and is also keeping the freaking out to a minimum.

No comments: