Monday, May 26, 2008

Welcome

Well I've been obsessively reading blogs for awhile now so I thought I'd give it a try myself. I have no idea what I'll talk about or if I'll even have anything interesting to say but nothing ventured nothing gained. So I guess I'll write about what I know me, my family and our life together. Our household at this time consists of me, my 15 year old daughter Lizzy and my mom. We are an unschooling family finding our way in the world together. This weekend mom and I went to the Northeast Unschooling conference in Peabody, Ma. My girlie went to the cape with the church youth group. It was a hard decision for her. She knew some of her pals from Not Back to School camp would be at the conference but a lot of her friends in the youth group are graduating and this would be their last retreat. She chose the youth group and the ocean and had a great time. I missed having her with me at my first conference but also had a good time. It's hard for me to meet new people but I did manage to talk to a few people. It was totally cool to meet people that I knew from online. I totally want Kelly Lovejoy to be my new best friend : )
Now Lizzy and I are working on getting to Live and Learn in September. I'm not a big traveler so it would be a huge adventure for me. Wish me luck!

No comments: