Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day weekend

We had a mostly good weekend here. Saturday was quiet, Lizzy went to hang with her peeps and I stayed home and did some picking up. Sunday I took Lizzy and her friends to the Spencer Fair for a few hours. I was sent off to fend for myself and wandered around looking at the exhibits. I saw bunnies and cows and chickens. It was pretty good but I was bored after about an hour. But then I happened across a band called Scarlet Fade playing and they were pretty good. Four teen siblings from CT. Their voices were nice and the songs were good. I called Lizzy to come hear them but she was on the Ferris Wheel with my sister. She had already heard them though and liked them too so I picked up their CD. Today my sister and nieces came over and helped Lizzy and Charles and I CLEAN the house as a b-day present for my mom. We threw away everything we could decently get away with whiteout freaking my mom out and went to town. My mom will be surprised and really happy. It was cool everybody helped. Even though Liz said she wasn't going to she ended up staying home to help. The kitchen and bathroom are downright sparkly. Tomorrow I'll finish up the living room and dining room and vacuum. Lots of labor on Labor Day but very satisfying.

No comments: